-->

Learn Perfect English Grammar

Learn Perfect English grammar blog tutorials online.Advance English lessons and Execises,Flashcards.english language learning online

Modal Verbs Exercise with answers


Modals

Click the correct modal or modal form to fit the sentence.

  1. I didn’t feel very well yesterday. I ___ eat anything.

  2. couldn’t
    cannot
    mustn't

  3. You ____ look at me when I am talking to you.

  4. have to
    should
    Must

  5. She ..... be very pleased with herself. She got the best grades.

  6. must
    has to
    cannot

  7. You ..... tired. You’ve only just got out of bed!

  8. can't be
    must be
    could be

  9. How did you do in the test? - Ok. It____worse!

  10. could have been
    could be
    would have been

  11. Ted's flight from Amsterdam took more than 11 hours. He ___ be exhausted after such a long fligh

  12. could
    should
    have to

  13. I’m so hungry I ..... eat a horse!

  14. could
    should
    can

  15. You can come to the meeting if you want but you ____.

  16. don't have to
    have to
    mustn’t

  17. If you continue to practise so hard, you ..... beat me before too long!

  18. can
    will be able to
    could

  19. I ..... move the table. It was too heavy.

  20. couldn't
    mustn't
    wouldn't

Good luck
Share your score with your friend
Check the full lesson :  What Is a Modal Verb?

Post a Comment